Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar is regarded as one of the greatest batsmen of all time. He played so many cricket matches for India in both the formats, Tests and One-day Internationals. There are so many interesting facts about Sachin Tendulkar. You may already know about all these facts. But still, it is a pretty good feeling to read it again and again.
- Sachin Tendulkar is the youngest player to play in a Ranji Team at the age of 14 years.
- Sachin Tendulkar bats and bowl using his Right hand but writes using his left hand. So he is ambidextrous.
- Sachin Tendulkar’s first car was a Maruti – 800.
- 9 ODI centuries in 1998 is world record of most centuries in a calendar year.
- In 1998, he made 1,894 ODI runs, a record for ODI runs by any batsman in a calendar year.
- Tendulkar is the only player who has 40 wickets and more than 11000 runs in Tests.
- In 1992, Sachin Tendulkar was the first batsman to be given out by the Third – umpire.
- Sachin has been awarded with the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Arjuna Award and Padma Shri by the Indian government.
- Sachin Tendulkar is happily married with wife Anjali Tendulkar, who is 5 yrs. senior to him.
- In 2000 – He became the first batsman to have scored 50 international hundreds
- He is the only cricket player with 100 International cricket centuries.